The trainer / consultant is expected to (assist with) preparing, conducting / facilitating training and capacity building sessions for (middle) managers, for example in the following fields:
- Project and program management skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Lobby and advocacy skills
- Monitoring & evaluation skills
In addition, the trainer/consultant will be expected to assist with general business development, proposal writing, reporting and other consulting-related tasks. Under the close guidance of the country director, the national trainer/consultant will also be asked to assist with management consultancies (e.g. research, monitoring, evaluations etc).
With the following qualifications:
- At least a few (5) years of experience in delivering training and/or facilitating group sessions.
- Familiar with learner-centered training methods, participatory training techniques.
- Enthusiasm and confidence to interact with diverse groups of people (various ages, backgrounds, nationalities)
- Excellent command of spoken English, good command of written English.
- Fluency in Myanmar language, spoken, and written
- Experience with the development sector (INGO, UN) is an advantage.
- Experience with doing consultancies (short term assignments) is an advantage, for example in the field of evaluations, reviews, data collection, proposal writing
- Curious, wants to learn our MDF training methods and contents, has a dynamic and outgoing personality.
Duty station: Yangon. Training and consultancies can possibly take place outside of Yangon, and outside of Myanmar.
What we offer:
You will work in a dynamic, multi-cultural environment for a growing international company. The salary will be competitive. We offer excellent staff learning and development opportunities through in-house training and coaching, and possibly training opportunities abroad.
A one year contract, extendable, with a legal probation period.
Interested candidates should be fluent in English and have the above required experience. You are invited to send your CV (with two references) and a short cover letter, by e-mail only, to:
Attn: Susanne van Lieshout
Indicate in subject line: “MDF National Trainer/Consultant”
Deadline for receiving applications: 19 February 2017