We are looking for trainer / consultants who can cover all or some of the following areas:
- Organisational assessment & development, leadership & management development.
- Project and programme management.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL/MEAL).
- MSME business development and support.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision and guidance of the MDF Myanmar Branch Director or Deputy Director, the trainer/consultant will be responsible for the following tasks and work areas:
Training and coaching:
- Design, prepare and conduct training programmes for our clients – online and face-to-face (as the situation allows) related to relevant expertise areas.
- Facilitate workshops and coaching sessions to support and enhance the learning process of our clients (often as a follow up of a training course).
- Ensure quality of training courses and materials, and actively collaborate with other MDF trainers (in Myanmar and in other MDF countries) to ensure quality preparation and delivery of MDF training programmes.
- Maintain quality of own work (keep up to date knowledge, ask feedback, participate in internal sharing sessions), and work on the quality of products (update materials).
- Contribute to development of new -and improvement of existing- training courses.
- Implement consultancy assignments related to the relevant expertise areas, e.g:
- Conducting organizational assessments
- Supporting clients to develop their Strategic Plans
- Conducting baseline/final/impact evaluations
- Setting up and supporting the implementation of monitoring systems
- Project management and coordination for consultancy projects, including client coordination, (contribution to) report writing, etc.
- Ensure high quality of advisory services and consultancy assignments, and collaborate with other consultants to ensure quality delivery of consultancy services.
Business development & acquisition (only for on-staff consultants):
- Identify and respond to relevant business opportunities, and draft proposals to acquire training, consultancy and evaluation assignments.
- In collaboration with the team, conduct business development activities such as social media campaigns, networking with existing and potential clients and alumni.
- In cooperation with the Branch Director and other consultants, strengthen MDF’s brand name and reputation through general marketing and representation activities, and maintaining and developing client relations.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Relevant academic background – preferably a master’s degree.
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in a regional and/or international context. Working experience in the South-East Asia region is a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience as a trainer, facilitator and/or consultant with excellent online and face-to-face facilitation skills.
- Pro-active approach.
- Capacity to work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written). Knowledge of Burmese or one of the ethnic languages of Myanmar is an added advantage.
- Willing to travel (if the situation allows), within Myanmar and the South Asia region.
- An inspiring working environment in an international context.
- A small, dynamic team in the Yangon (Myanmar) office and being part of the larger MDF group (over 140 colleagues in total).
- Type of contract to be discussed: one-year full time contract with possibility of extension or freelance.
- Remuneration/rates in accordance with MDF terms and conditions for trainer/consultants.
Please send your CV (max 4 pages) and an introduction video (max. 3 minutes) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org (ref. Recruitment Trainer / Consultant Myanmar) before or latest by 17 September. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview. Skill-based tests may be part of the recruitment process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Starting date is negotiable.