We are MDF Training & Consultancy BV (MDF), a global training & consultancy company with over 30 years of experience in empowering people worldwide to create social impact (www.mdf.nl).
As part of MDF’s evaluation team, you will strengthen (network) organisations and individuals from public, private and non-state sector to get better in achieving meaningful societal change. This involves the delivery of training, advisory and facilitation servciees in the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) of projects, programmes and policies.
The preferred candidate(s) will have a sound track record in international consultancy/ advisory work, particularly in larger programme evaluations, is a real team player genuinely interested in stimulating the learning and development of others.
He/she will bring along a strong international network in an (I)NGO or a Multi-Bilateral context, and is able to work independently as well as in a team. Sound experience with the EC and UN organisations would be an important advantage.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Acquire and carry out large programme evaluations;
- Contribute to further development of MDF’s products and services in (monitoring), evaluation and learning;
- Act as team leader or team member in M&E related assignments (e.g. baseline studies, Mid Term Reviews and Final Evaluations)
- Serve as a trainer in the design and execution of MDF open-entry and tailor-made M&E courses, increasingly with distant-learning components;
- Work abroad during at least 2 months per year (divided over several short missions).
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in International/Development Cooperation and sound understanding of current trends in monitoring and evaluation;
- Proven track record in the design and successful implementation of larger (i.e. budget > € 50,000) international cooperation programme evaluations for INGOs, bilateral and / or multilateral clients;
- Sound knowledge of and experience with established evaluation methodologies at outcome and impact level. Prior experience with Contribution Analysis and quasi-experimental design and working with control groups would be a strong advantage;
- Excellent proposal and report-writing skills in English (writing skills in French or Spanish would be an advantage);
- Empathic communicator with the ability to establish and maintain good client and team relations and able to handle conflicting interests.
Duration: initially for 1 year with the possibility of extension into a permanent contract.
The preferred candidate is interested in many different aspects of the trainer/consultant work in an international environment and brings along strong language skills and, preferably, sound (applied) research knowledge.
Interested and fitting the profiles? Please respond to Marjan Zandee (firstname.lastname@example.org) before March 31st, and send along a recent CV including 2-3 references.
Please note that only candidates who sufficiently fit the above profile will be considered.
An assessment and reference check will be part of the recruitment process.